Disco 2 heated front windscreen not working

CJRH

I have used the search function and found this topic:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=33569&hl=%2Bheated+%2Bwindscreen&fromsearch=1

I have checked all of the fuses in the cabin and engine bay fuse boxes, the connectors under the bonnet for the heated screen are good (like new) and there is power to both connectors when I turn on the heated front screen but the heated screen is not working?

Any ideas?

Thanks, Chris

I have used the search function and found this topic:

http://forums.lr4x4....en&fromsearch=1

I have checked all of the fuses in the cabin and engine bay fuse boxes, the connectors under the bonnet for the heated screen are good (like new) and there is power to both connectors when I turn on the heated front screen but the heated screen is not working?

Any ideas?

Thanks, Chris

Yes you will be needing an earth as well as a supply......

Good point... but the OP did say " the connectors under the bonnet for the heated screen are good"

He certainly did,but they are two pin plugs,one is a supply the other is going to earth - he says the supply is good,no mention of checking the earth.It is common for parts of a heated screen to go open circuit,but not all of it.So a lack of decent earth would seem to be a good starting point ?

• 5 years later...

Hi, I also have a non functioning heated front screen. I found the relay was missing and I suspect the windscreen may have been changed at some time in the past. I replaced the relay but there is still no activation by the switch. I have checked all the fuses, tried the rear demist switch on the front demist connector to rule out a faulty switch, and opened up the BCU and found no sign of damage. There is no power at the connectors in the rain guttter.

I got the circuit tester out and found very low voltage, around 0.15v at the switch connector on the operating and tell tale light pins. Testing was done with the air con on demist. Could something in the BCU have failed and no longer pushing through the power?

Thanks, Chris