new 300tdi needed

Bluemoon

As the title says, my 300tdi in my Defender is knackered, and I have had a look a the local breakers and he has got two, one with 185k on it , looks quite clean and another, fitted without an auto box, with the electronic stop solenoid, which has got 130k on the clock, and looks really clean as does the rest of the motor(both Discoverys).

Would the latter fit my gearbox and whats the chances of getting the engine fired up with the electronic bit , or what do I need to take if I take the engine out. cheers for any help.

Brian

Not an option I'm afraid, I can change engines and gearboxs etc, but would not have a clue on rebuilding and its my daily driver , so I need it back on the road, asap . They are local to me and are pretty good , not the usual tealeafs, they are insurance write offs, not end of life breakers.

Brian

If you get the auto one you will need the engine harness, with ecu , also you will need the immobilizer box (green) and key fob blipper . you can then not have to fit different inj pump , and get an immobilizer as a bonus. You also get a more bhp engine that tends to be cleaner (more efficient) at mot time . If you want to go auto it makes a good conversion (just done it to 90) , you will need also TD5 speedo, and speed transducer. HTSH

Number 4 injector has electronics in with EDC controlled engines.

True, but isn't that just a lift sensor for the ECU? So if swapping the injector pump to a non electronic and dumping the ECU he ends up with the same engine and can ignore the sensor? Worse case he could swap injectors over, although I would have thought BlueMoons injectors may be a bit knackered along with his engine.

Converting an EDC engine to non EDC is covered here http://forums.lr4x4....showtopic=39385

The extra parts for the conversion should be available from BlueMoons old engine so all that would need to be bought would be a cambelt which is good practice anyway.