banana chassis

nick w

Not been her for a while but as the series111 project is on again i feel it may be more regular . My problem is i am now refitting the body panels which was going well front wings no problem tub no problem ( or so i thought ) then offered the doors up and the shut lines and door top levels are about 1 inch out . After much adjustment its now only about half but the problem seams to be the tub, it is fixed on the rear x member and sits sweet up to the seat box yet in the middle its about an inch away from the chassis . When i striped her down all seamed well but i have been at it around 3 years now so im wondering if the chassis has bowed or perhaps the tub which was lent against a wall ? im lost baffeld and completly stuck so please offer any pointers or solutions many thanks :blush:

1" or so tolerance on the doors is not uncommon, pick something as your datum point (EG the tub as it's fixed at the back) and then work forwards, or use the bulkhead and work backwards. There's plenty of places to jiggle & adjust stuff and it's a fun game.