Importing Land Rovers to the UK from EU country

ronnie_rotten

Not had any experience in importing Land Rovers but buy lots from Europe both personal and business, you don't say if it's for private or business use? If private as long as it is registered in Europe, taxes paid etc then the import is "free" you would however need to register it in the UK so would have to register it with the DVLA and prove ownership, once a registration had been issued you can get number plates and get an MOT which would probably mean changing the head lights to RHD. Tax the thing and your good to go. Not sure how much all this costs? You can insure a car against the Chassis Number and providing you had insurance and a valid MOT equivalent and Road Fund from the country of origin.

Jason.

Im intrigued.....at the risk of sounding contriversal in my experience Irish LRs have less rust but mechanicly alot poorer than UK ones. The quality of serviceing is often alot poorer.....

H

I bought 2 vehicles over from German. One was over 10 years old and simply needed a valid UK MOT in order to exchange the Registration docs to a V5C (some cost but not much).

The other was under 10 years old and may have needed an SVA but I was able to write to Subaru UK and they were abvle to issue a certificate of conformity which stated that German models were built to the exact same spec as UK models so no SVA needed. The Cert cost £50 and the registration of the certificate with VOSA cost another £50. I then needed a UK MOT and invoices from a workshop stating the Speedo, the headlamps, and the foglight had been upgraded to UK spec. Then a fee to issue the new V5C on exchange for German docs.

So there you have it. That was 9 years ago so things may have changed but if the vehicles are over 10 years old it was certainly the case back then that things were considerably easier than if it was younger than 10 years