No Clutch Fluid

eds

Having barely survived the excitement of a swivel rebuild, it is the next problem.

The clutch gave up working. Pedal was not there and clutch not disengaging.

Checked clutch reservoir and it is bone dry.

Where has all the fluid gone?

None to be found in the foot well....

I refilled it but nothing has changed.

Does the thing use fluid, in which case topping up and bleeding should solve the problem.

Or is it new master/slave adventure time!

Les mentioned in a post that clutches are self bleeding to a certain extent. Will it sort itself out on it's own? Hopefully!

Thanks for the support as usual............ always appreciated :-)

Mine did & it was a pain in the arse to get back on.

I'm no expert but if I had to change a slave cylinder again I'd do the following:

Remove the pipe from the slave cylinder then remove the two bolts, ease the cylinder back about 10 mm then grip the rod with a pair of narrow jaw mole grips, try to hold the rod in position whilst you remove the cylinder.

Before you push the new cylinder on to the rod give it a clean and lube it with some new fluid, grip it again and push on the new cylinder.

If the clip that secures the rod to the clutch arm does come off it is possible to get it back on without taking the gearbox / engine out but it's a sod.

HTH's

Mick.