Defender master cylinder woes

I'm having a hard time trying to find a seal kit for the master break cylinder of a -89 Defender 110

First I tried with the VIN code: FA424032 -> seal kit RTC3387. But that didn't fit. The seals were too tight and there was no chance of getting the washers in place.

Then I tried with the master cylinder number: Girling 74660213 -> Series III master cylinder, repair kit AEU1047. But that didn't fit either. Now the seals and washers were a bit too large.

What to try next?

A couple of photographs:

gallery_1556_150_9495.jpg

Girling 74660213 is my best guess. I tried to Google with other possible numbers but only that string returned hits that made sense.

gallery_1556_150_23608.jpg

Inner diameter of the washers seated behind the spring-retained seals is 17 mm / 0.67" and outer diameter 23.5 mm / 0.9". Diameter of the cylinder end that goes into the servo is 40 mm / 1.57". Distance between brake pipes is 84 mm / 3.3". Length of the whole (assembled) unit from the surface seated against the servo to the back end is 185 mm / 7.28".

The text on the grey strap around the cylinder unit has become almost impossible to read. With a good deal of faith and imagination one could read something like 66391 38162 01RZ.

Here is something about the information on that strap:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?act=ST&a...ost&p=63748

Could that be relevant in this case?

Try master cylinder kit LR part number AEU3015 upto chassis number HA901219, just checked on Craddocks website here select 90/110 in first box, brake system in second box & AEU3015 in the third search box then click go

Edited by western