Help on a uncomfortable noise

I know that this is going to sound strange but I am beginning to become a little worried about what could be wrong.

When I set off in the mornings everything is fine until I use my brakes for the first time. If I brake a little heavy I get a massive BANG from the front end (ns) and a noise of springs going boing. It will only happen the once all day long - on my first brake. My initial thoughts was that the cause was a knackered bush in the radius arm (all std oem bushes and recently fitted but one went when lanning last year) but having replaced both in the front n/s arm, the problem still exists.

Its like a lock up - but no skid. It can happen in dry or wet conditions but it tends to be more in the damp.

To me its kind of the same feeling that you would have if there was a bolt broken in the caliper and after a night being parked up you get that initial forward momentum when the brakes are first applied, (when I park the Landy I reverse it down my drive which is on a slope and the main reason why I thought that this could be a possible cause). But after looking at the caliper bolts, they are all fine with no issues.

I was also thinking that it could be a sticking caliper but brake wear is good and even and when I brake there is no pull to the left as I would expect.

I'm looking for a little inspiration of what to investigate next guys - any ideas?

thats a new one (to me anyway) i would have gone down the same route as u sounds like a broken bolt in the caliper but if there ok. i wouldnt think it was a bush or u would here it everytime u braked. almost sounds like the handbrake is sticking then when u brake it releasing (boinging springs) but due to the transmission brake setup i wouldnt imagine its that. could be wrong though.

Had this on a Skyline once it was a loose pad where they slide it had got worn down badly caused by a knackered wheel bearing. The pad would be forced to the top of the calliper when the brake was applied it would only do it again if the car was reversed and brakes applied setting the pad to the bottom again.

Check your brake pads as I think they could be moving when you first apply the brakes and then after this will be "stuck" for a better word in situ-I'm sure I've had this on a previous vehicle

John

if your front pads are worn down and the piston is a fair way out of the caliper, the bang could be the piston shifting first thing in the morning. Once it has unstuck it seems ok for the rest of the day. Worth a check before it gets worse. The chrome plating comes off the old pistons causing them to stick.