new cylinder head on 300tdi, problems!!

davyd8899

just fitted a new cylinder head to my mates 300tdi disco.

it runs BUT:-

its chucking out white smoke when revved

would badly set tappets cause this???

also there was a couple of bolts missing on the exhaust manifold, obviously put a new gasket on however would this cause a lack of back pressure to the turbo to cause the white smoke?

it sounds a bit tinny under heavy acceleration too.

any advise woulod be greatly recieved

dave

I changed a head and it chucked out white smoke for a little while. The gasket was well and truly knackered with loads of pressure in the cooling system before I swapped the head out, so I presume there was water all over the place. The smoke cleared after about 10 mins and all was OK.

its not steam. certain of that. pretty sure its as vulcan bomber said its the injector seals as they were pretty ropey when i put them in.

I changed a head and it chucked out white smoke for a little while. The gasket was well and truly knackered with loads of pressure in the cooling system before I swapped the head out, so I presume there was water all over the place. The smoke cleared after about 10 mins and all was OK.

must admit tho. after 10 minutes of it running the smoke did clear a bit. hes gonna run it for the week and see if it clears.