window channel price shock!!! alternatives needed!

i've got meself a nice straight set of lifty handle doors that need repair. the frames are all shot, but i think i know a guy who'll fix em.

the killer is, i just got a price for the dor channels from paddock (mxc5836 and 5829) and it came in at 62 quid plus delivery. ouch. now there's no way in hell those pizzily little bits are worth that, but without them the windows won't work.

whats the cheap and easy alternative?

I recently fitted a full set of genuine ones to my new push button doors. It was prob more difficult for me as I had to drill all the holes for the countersunk screws that hold the channels in place. Don't imagine you will need to do that with your doors. It was still dead easy though. Can't imagine it being that different to lift up handle doors

The Woolies channel looks the same as you used to find for sale at many of the shows in 3M lengths. I have reglazed many removable door tops with this stuff. I've also used it to replace worn out sections on my early lift handle doors. Just cut it carefully and position the new screws in a fresh location to avoid the original rusty ragged holes in the door.

Just done genuine ones as well. Same issue as need4speed - holes required for countersunk screws - also I made the mistake of thinking i wouldnt need the correct length. Cutting down 22 self tappers with a hack saw is one thing. Getting the buggers through the drilled holes is another entirely. Never mind done now and all shiny...