advice needed for future of my 90 please

i have spent a small fortune trying to get this beasty fit for offroad and been cursed with ill health throughout and now the boss has decided it needs to go as i wont be able to use it when its finally finished anyway. it seemed like a wonderful idea when i first started out but my main duty has to be looking after the boss who is disabled and not impressed with the sums of money "wasted" in her opinion

basically it started out as a standard scabby old 90 with na diesel lump

it had had virtually everything either replaced or rebuilt and now sports

300tdi with new turbo fitted

4spd auto box new filters and gaskets

manual transfer box rather than viscous

all props modified and fitted with new joints and bolts

2" lift with front and rear dislocation cones

repainted in green (not sprayed but still pretty smart no filler so still supporting a few dings)

chequer plate all round

most of wiring replaced after bonfire behind dash on initial startup which set me back months :(

new brakes all round

new swivel seals all hubs treated to fresh oil/grease

nas lights

extra heavy duty bladed nato style bumper

raptor dash pod with illuminated switches

2x spare sets of wheels with tyres one strictly off road shabby and one set half tidy with good tread plus the naff set its been sat on while rebuilding

all chassis corrosion dealt with

heavy duty tank guard

steering guard

x-charge split charge relay

wheel bearings all round

dual anderson connector jump start points

safari snorkel

full axle g/box etc wading kit with raised pipes(pipes need routing)

a frame balljoint

rock sliders

2x numax cxv-x 1000amp batteries (brand new)

isolator switches for winch etc

c9500hs winch (brand new with remote and wander remote)

rear heavy duty recovery point

poly bushed

cb

stereo

the list goes on and on

the question is what to do now?

how much do i ask for it?

shes not quite ready for mot as a few more bits need bolting on and adjustments on brakes need to be made though it starts on the button and drives moves happily under its own steam, my time is taken up either looking after the boss or trying to get my own health sorted so its getting silly trying to spend half an hour here and there every other month if i am lucky

i have close to 3k worth of recipts sat here and with the initial stitchup purchase price i guess she stands me in at just over 4k

i dread the thought of advertising it on fleabay too many oddballs and toerags that want to scam everyone plus i worry about someone rocking up to "have a look" then popping back at night and helping themselves

your input for a very depressed ex-wannabe off roader would be helpful

Again, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but some of your modifications have not necessarily added the value of the parts..... I think the main reason is people often have bits squirmed away and want to add their own touch. I agree with above even if you pay someone else to stick the MOT on it for you you will get far more than that cost back, unless it was a basket case which you have indicated is not the case.

I think the answer to your question is figure out what you want for the truck with all the bits, advertise it for that, if you don't get what you want, strip the bits off winch and other bits, and then re-advertise the truck and sell the bits on. If it does not go on here I guess you will have to stick it on eBay although you can cut down on the wack jobs, by being picky about who comes to see the truck.

As you are based in Hampshire you could also try advertising it through SLRC.

Jason.

ok general concensus says shove an mot on it first which makes sense.

i think i may be able to get that done somehow

will creep round a muckyneck m8 and see how much to do the last bits to get it through mot

do these usually sell for reasonable money when mot'd? or am i just dreaming of breaking evenish?

A standard, good condition 300TDi 90 will get you the best money I think.

Definitely get an MOT on it, otherwise it's only potentially worth it's weight in scrap.

Breaking it would be your second choice, but you should bear in mind that some bits will sell pretty quickly, but others may take some time, so you'll need to have it stored somewhere while it slowly disappears :)

Les.