ECU Tubing

stuck

Fuel hose I think will do vs Vacuum hose, but

Fuel hose is tough and not very flexcible

Decent fuel hose is not cheap

OD is bigger than the hole in the MS ECU :lol:

Customers would right sueak if I supply fuel hose to them not proper vac Hose

I bought 500 Metres :lol: yes I know of superflex Vac Hose, lovely stuff so also proper job

I was always told Fuel hose is to hold pressure in, and vac hose to hold prerss out

and is different, but giess if Dave W says its ok then it prob is but curious ?

The 500 metres means its a decent price, don't even look at VWP costs you'll keel over

thats not cos they are spendy, more that proper vac hose is bloody silly expensive in the 1st place :(

Unless you a idiot that buys a 500 metre roll :rofl: ..............................

Nige

Nige

I was always told Fuel hose is to hold pressure in, and vac hose to hold prerss out

and is different, but giess if Dave W says its ok then it prob is but curious ?

I first used it as I couldn't find any decent vacuum hose when mounting the MS ECU in the roof. I was worried about the vacuum vs pressure thing so went for EFi fuel pipe on the grounds that the braided wall might stop it collapsing. I needed a few metres as I was mounting the ECU in the roof and the auto factors only had 1 metre lengths of vacuum pipe of the right size but could supply the fuel hose at any length up to a 20 or 50m reel. I was more concerned about the long term effect of petrol vapour on some of the "plastic" alternatives such as washer pipe so avoided those.

I first used it on an MS installation in 2002 and 10 years on that same piece of pipe is still working fine although the engine has long since been replaced on that vehicle. I keep on using it for new installs because I can buy it from my local auto factors or online in 1 metre increments and I just bury it in the loom. The longest run I've used was just over 4 metres due mostly to the convoluted route the loom had to take.

It also JUST fits through the MS v3 PCB case hole - or at least the stuff from my local auto factors does.

Vacuum pipe is most likely thinner and more flexible, just not so easy to get hold of - at least not until Nige cornered the market :)