P38 air suspension

barriesheene

Hi guy's. My p38 appears to be inebriated :blink: . When you switch off the engine the nearside rear drops lower than the rest of the car. Not in a leaking/losing air kinda way. The car is dropping to that height as if that is its default height. I know they are supposed to try and level themselves but mine has a dodgy spirit level.

If you have a few pounds to make/buy a cable try the free eas unlock software, from rsw solutions on a laptop to get the height sensor readings.

I've just finished repairing mutiple faults on my brother's P38 all is good again.

To summarise: Initially back osr corner was drooping even when parked on standard. Then progressed to whole car dropping to bump stops overnight.

No problem lifting so the compressor and tank were ruled out.

Car had 100k miles so checked air bags, fronts were visibly shot (confirmed small bubbles with detergent & water in spray bottle)

fronts were changed out and car still dropped to stops. Backs were checked, on inside edge of car were cracked but didn't look too bad(visible on raised height)

Backs changed out due to age after seing condition of fronts and horrified to find metal cords showing like on badly worn tyres and full of rubber dust.

Even then the car would drop to bump stops only at the front though. So a valve block overhaul followed with new orings and diaphram valve.

This improved things a lot with just the nsf spring dropping after 2-3 hours to bump stop. Finally traced to solenoid valve inner stem valve. Which was replaced and then refitted original solenoid valve coil.