VNT fitted

dave t

The price is negotiable I was going to go for the bell autos one which is 300 tdi specific manifold so dead easy to fit but its not versatile enough for me and some of my questions couldnt be answered, its about £1200 delivered with new manifold ends, the allard price is about the same and is very easy to fit..

I went for the Allard one as they are local to me and Allard has forty years experience of tuning diesels and he could answer all my questions

My disco is now very different, its smooth , powerful and very flexible, overtaking is a breeze and 90mph come up very quickly (on a private road :0)

disco is now faster than my chipped td5 was

Nice :)

What do you mean by "not versatile enough" for Bell's offering?

I'm thinking about a VNT for my 300Tdi Defender and wondered what the pros and cons are. Has to be a bolt-in fit.

i think he means that Allard will bias it towards low down torque or mid range or top end, depending or you're required usage, at least that what they said to me when i spoke to Allards a while back.

Also when i asked bell about boost he didnt know the figure so i asked turbo techinics (who make the turbos) and they told me 0.8bar which for me is not enough. I can adjust the boost on the Allard one- Also if i ever get round to fitting a td5 engine in my disco the turbo can be swapped across with a suitable manifold, you cant do that with the bell one

My intercooler is a front mounted allard one . as i have aircon the intercooler sits right in the front. Intercoolers that go in the origional slot are a waste of time and money in my opinion , as an upgrade I mean.