300 tdi tuning

lincsoldbird

I'd check what it is for. AFAIK the Defender never had the EDC version of the Tdi engine (which is the only one with any chips!) and the EDC version only produced about 120bhp anyway so I suspect 154 might be a bit optimistic. You will probably find it's either for a Td5 or something else, and not for a 300Tdi at all...

I meant that the chip advert claimed to be for a 300Tdi Defender which is pretty unlikely as an EDC 300 Defender never existed, so I'd check and see what it's really for as my first impression is that the seller doesn't seem to know their bottom from their elbow!

If this upgrade is no good what do you think is a good cost effective upgrade for a 300tdi with edc?

No idea sorry - they do exist but given the age of any of the EDC engines which are all now at least 14 years old, I'd question whether it is a good time in their life to start boosting the power?

No idea sorry - they do exist but given the age of any of the EDC engines which are all now at least 14 years old, I'd question whether it is a good time in their life to start boosting the power?

Not sure I agree. Why is tweaking this at 14 years any different to any other engine. So long as it's ok to begin with there is zero extra risk.

Do a good search on here for the edc threads - there's some info of the do's and dont's for the power boost - uprated intercoolers, electronic add on's - think it's allisport that do it, but could be j fearns or allard that do one to accompany their intercooler.