Round Two of the Mud Monsters Winch Challenge Series 13th May

sj_4x4

After a very successful first round of the 2012 Mud Monsters Winch Challenge at Slindon it is time for round two.

Held at what promises to be very muddy Piccadilly Wood Off Road Site near Bolney in West Sussex, on the 13th of May

For further information please see http://mud-monsters....k/challenge.php

Spectators and new competitors welcome !

• 2 weeks later...

Just got home from the competition - it was only 15miles away mind you.

I was nothing but impressed with the way the punches & sections were laid out. Lots of technical driving without too many scary bits. The kind of layout where people's driving ability was as important as the capability of their vehicle - and there were some very capable vehicles.

X-Eng were there as the sponsor. I had a great day wandering around taking piccies, chatting to people & offering unhelpful advice ;)

I'll upload some piccies tomorrow.

Si

Thanks for everything Si, the event ran very smoothly and the conditions were just about perfect, sunny weather following all that rain made for a lot of mud and water hidden initially under the thin dry crust.

We are all totally knackered but the positive feedback we have received has made it all worth while. Look forward to seeing your photo's, I have quite a lot of video I need to edit down and will post when I have it.

Next round will be on the 17th of June at the new Mud Monsters 2 site located just south of East Grinstead, most of the site has never been driven so it promises to be quite a challenging event.

Thanks to all to entered, spectated, and above all marshalled, it was very much appreciated.

Cheers, Geoff.

yeah was a really good event, just got back from thailand as flew out that evening. We had some troubles to over come. first i ripped the front brake lines out within 5 mins. second was we got 21 punches but my co driver was not stamping them hard enough ......doh! (mind you seeing the above means it would not have mattered either way, so i wont fire him :)

feedback is really good event and enough to keep you busy all day but at the same time nothing too silly.

one point i would have is with being in the lower class with no rear winch can we add some really deep bogs runs where you dont need a rear winch to turn around in please :) i walked a few that looks nice and thick but then realised i could never make it out again so had to pass :)

Hi Will, we did have some sections set out that were just a straight pull through the gloop in the river at the top of the site.

Next round is on the 27th of June at the new Mud Monsters2 site, because of a lack of space for trailers we are going to have to limit it to 20 entries, I can guarantee at least one very smelly bog that has never been driven that we will try an lay out just for you :-)

I will post the entry details later this evening.