Intercooler Upgrade

My current intercooler is dropping to bits so I am looking at replacing it. I have been shopping about the tinternet and the allisport ones seem good to me.

I am inclined to go for the double thickness standard size one that fits alongside the rad, as opposed to the full width infront jobbie as call me old fashioned but I am weary about restricting airflow to the rad,

Do any of you run this intercooler? any body got any experiance of dealing with Allisport?

cheers

Matt

Best advice: Be sat down when you ask the price.

I liked mr Henson's idea of welding two standard ones together, or just fish round eBay/scrapyard with a tape measure for something bigger that'll fit. Probably save you most of an arm and an entire leg compared with buying from Allisport. Alternatively, fish round the parts catalogue for a bigger one - the RR sport ones are quite large :ph34r: and britcar have them for ~£150. That leaves a lot of change for pretty pipes to join it all up.

I have a brunel one, has thicker tubes in it, did reduce the haze at higher speeds but no noticable difference at low speeds.

I think i would be dissapointed if i had paid for mine.

just my 2p. (Its all hilly round me rarely above 55 for any amount of time)

Will.

YOU WANA GIVE EBAY.COM (AMERICAN EBAY) A CHANCE. I GOT A FULL SIZE INTERCOOLER WHEN I HAD MY 300TDI FITTED, ONLY A CPL OF YRS AGO, PAID FOR AN INTERCOOLER PRETTY MUCH THE SAME AS THE BIG ALLISPORT ONE, INCLUDING IMPORT DUTY AND INCLUDING SHIPPING, FOR ONLY £300, THINK THE COMPANY WAS BASED IN SAN DIEGO.

DONT BE AFRAID TO SHOP FURTHER AFIELD FOR THE BARGAINS.

Have a look for an rs500 cosworth one on eBay, I was looking at them and they come in at about £100 each. With a small amount of work I think they could be made to fit.

I ended up selling my tdi 90 due to space and available time so never did get one fitted.

There is a locally made core available here in Oz for $AUD 450.00 and its a vast improvement on the original and no messing around with fitting it, all you need to do is have the existing top & bottoms welded to the new core, a local welder did mine in an hour ^_^ let me know if you need more information.