How much paint to paint a LR ?

zim

As per title really.

I wish to paint my new series 2a 88" in nato green. All to be done by roller.

So approximately, how many litres should i get ?

I'll da it all back first.

Anywhere online give good prices that people recommend ?

Cheers

Gordon

I just painted my 109. I used 1 litre to do whole of the outside and bits of the inside that doesn't get covered by carpeting and such. If you were to apply more layers of paint ( I rollered on one thick layer) you might need another can of paint.

I went to a hardware store where they mixed my paint (2 litres RAL1001) while I waited. Total price was about 80euro including brushes, roller and stuff like that..

I bought 10l of nato green a few years back, I've probably used half the can and put about half a dozen coats on the 90 now. (mine is a soft top so a bit less to paint needed though)

5l should be more than enough and you will have plenty to touch up later on. I wouldn't advise buying a 10l can unless you are going to use it all within a year or so, the remainder of my can has now formed a thick skin and is lumpy no matter how much it is stirred.

I've just finished the exterior of my 110 and used about half the 5 litres I bought.

I got mine from Military vehicle paints, very good service.

My advice, use satin finish.

If you're rollering, buy the best quality short pile wool/mohair roller and wash/dry it before use.

I put mine,full of paint into a thick plastic bag after each use and it lasted the month or so it took me to paint.

I replaced some body cappings and converted from SW to utility rear at the same time, so was all done in stages.

I've just finished the exterior of my 110 and used about half the 5 litres I bought.

I got mine from Military vehicle paints, very good service.

My advice, use satin finish.

If you're rollering, buy the best quality short pile wool/mohair roller and wash/dry it before use.

I put mine,full of paint into a thick plastic bag after each use and it lasted the month or so it took me to paint.

I replaced some body cappings and converted from SW to utility rear at the same time, so was all done in stages.

Good idea about storing it in a bag! It probably didn't help that mine was left in a cold garage for several winters. I would also agree with the satin option. I used matt originally and dirt sticks to it really badly. Marks show up more and it isn't as easy to patch up later.

There is a good thread on the landyzone forum about brush/roller painting, I will try and find it.

Edit:

http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/f7/goodbye-90-hello-110-project-164878-2.html

http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/f16/how-hand-paint-landy-pictures-152225.html

You can get the NATO semi-gloss paint mixed up in synthetic from any paint factor, there's a standard paint code for it. If you ask them for 'Fast Flash' thinners helps it dry a little quicker, thin it 15-18% - about £4 a litre, or use white spirit.

You might just get away with a litre, but its only about 30 quid for 2.5 litres .

I think I used a couple of litres to spray a landy, I would have thought I used twice as much as rollering it on....There again it was 1983 and I could be wrong. I mixed 2pack dregs, mixing paint I always end up with dark drab green, and it was perfect[if a bit shiny].