G4 Discovery 2 Tyres.

Terra Dog

It seems to depend on the age but mostly either BFG ATs or BFG MTs on the 16in rims.

I have 255/70R16 BFG ATs on my Discovery 2 and they are an excellent all-rounder. Anything much taller than a 255/70R16 won't fit on the back door wheel carrier (it hits the bumper) though you can buy modified carriers that sit the tyre up higher. 245/75R16 is a little narrower and a whisker taller, and will also fit on the back door, but 265/75R16 won't go on the carrier (but on an 03/04 model they will go on the vehicle with only minor alterations to the front wheelarch IIRC).

Ok that answers my question thanks.

I have 18" mondials on my D2. I have been looking at the General Grabber AT2 255/55/18. But will have a look at the BFG's and compare. I'm only looking to do light off roading and it is my daily drive so they will need to be practical.

Cheers

Terra Dog

Ok that answers my question thanks.

I have 18" mondials on my D2. I have been looking at the General Grabber AT2 255/55/18. But will have a look at the BFG's and compare. I'm only looking to do light off roading and it is my daily drive so they will need to be practical.

Cheers

Terra Dog

Where are you looking at these?

I've got General Grabber AT2 255/55/18 on Mondials, on my DII

I'd like to buy some more, but they're no longer stocked/made, because of some EU cr@p about noisy tyres :angry2:

There is quite a bit of difference. The AT2 looks more mud like and aggressive. Are the General Grabber a good tyre in comparison to the BFG AT's? I know the BFG's have 3 ply side walls.

What are the General Grabber AT's like off road?

Thanks

iv got general graber at's on at the mo which are fantastic off and on road and excellent when towing, iv also got a second set of wheels with general grabber at2's which were also great off road and on but made the disco a little insecure when towing, also on my l200 iv got cooper stt which are emense on and off road and pretty good for towing too but that could also be down to the weight of the l200 and the rear leafs. when i replace my tyres next on either motor it will defo be a set of general grabber at's