silicone hoses needed, i cant work it out.

hello all, as i have got the IC fitted i now need to get a load of pipework sorted. but the price of it seems to be 'interesting' :blink: so where is my best place to get it from, i found a place call viper performance, which i think sells all i need but seems to be high priced, any other suitable places to get all the kit i need? the main problem is that i cant work out what i need! ive stared at it and measured alot of things and still have no idea! :( :( and i dont know what to do, do i order a tonne of stuff and send back what i dont need?

so far i think i need the following:

90° elbow reducer 76mm-51mm suitable for the turbo

a length of ali pipe, say 800mm long by 76mm (OD)

a 45° elbow reducer 76mm-51mm (top IC hose)

a 135° elbow

and a load of them ali hose joiners

please help. :(

Been there done that.... I had the exact same problem. I ordered too much and the wrong stuff as well... Usually you can sent stuff back but better check first ;).

Best thing to do is use as little of those silicon hoses as possible, use as much pipe as possible as it doesn't expand like the hoses do under boost.

I hated the job of getting it all to fit well...

what is it your piping up.

my new intercooler. :blush:

after a nights sleep i had a through, whats best, as much 76mm pipe or as much 51mm pipe? (the intercooler has 3" outlets and the 300tdi has 2" inlets) so would it be best to put the reducers on the IC or the turbo/inlet manifold in terms of performance? :wacko: :wacko:

Edited by Landy-Novice

apmotorstore.co.uk/contact-us/

Try contacting them on there.

I have used them for exhaust wrap and silicone pipes also got some alloy pipes from them.

They can chop em to the length you want then put a bead on to prevent the pipes blowing off!

Hope this helps

Luckily for me they are on my way home from work