Billing refunds?

paul mc

Hi,

I had bought 4 camping tickets for me and three friends a couple of months ago, and have just found out that it has been cancelled due to ground conditions. Fair enough, these things happen, but.........

I rang Live promotions to ask how I go about getting a refund as I can not make the new date, but they just kept saying 'we are only offering transfers to the new dates or a credit note', how is this possibly right? I bought the tickets and made arrangements around these dates, while I understand that Live promotions can not control the weather surely they are obliged to refund tickets for a show which they have cancelled?

I will keep chasing them and they have given me an email address to contact but I would be very interested to hear how others get on, surely there will be hundreds of people who, like me, have already organised holidays etc on the new shows dates and can therefore unfortunately not go to billing.

Have fun anyone who does make it!

Paul

Hi Paul, I booked 3 days camping with billing and they have transfered the dates, however I now have to try to get the time off.!

I think Live are hoping everyone will transfer to the new dates to avoid refunds.. keep pushing them if you can't make the new dates.

Regards

Gren

what these terms and conditions oh and their web site which hasnt been updated ( live promotions)

livelogo.gif

monstertuning.jpg

Terms and Conditions

1. General

Promoter: Bauer Consumer Media Ltd, Company number 01176085 (England) Registered Office 21 Holborn Viaduct, London, EC1A 2DY. Bauer reserves the right to change, extend or remove any of the above offers at any time without prior notice.

2. Ticket Terms & Conditions

This ticket is issued on behalf of the organisation responsible for the performance or event and is subject to the following Terms and Conditions, together with all statements or directives shown on the ticket.

3. Ticket Issues

This ticket is issued subject to the Rules and Regulations of the venue as set out on this ticket all of which will apply unless other wise specified by the venue and, where applicable, the Event promoter. Please take special care of your tickets as tickets cannot be replaced. A ticket is valid for one admission only. Removal of the stub invalidates the ticket.

4. Admission restrictions

The venue management reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject customers in reasonable circumstances (for example taking health and safety, environmental and security concerns into account), and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of customers. Customers should note that they may be refused entry or ejected from the venue on account of being (or appearing to be) under age (where relevant), abusive, threatening or drunken, declining to be searched, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances for any other anti social behaviour. No refunds will be offered to customers who are refused entry or are ejected in such circumstances. No cans, bottles, alcohol or food is to be taken into the venue. Only food and drink purchased on the premises may be consumed in the venue.

5. Responsibility

Neither Bauer Media nor the venue operator will be responsible for any loss, damage, death or injury whatsoever caused unless (i) the relevant party has breached its legal obligations and (ii) such loss or damage is a direct or reasonable foreseeable result of the breach. Subject to the foregoing with regard to personal property, bought to the venue, the liability of the relevant party shall be limited to the reasonable cost to either repairing or replacing such property subject to fair wear and tear.

6. Privacy

Customer details are managed in accordance with the data protection policy. As filming and recording may be carried out at the venue from time to time the ticket holder consents to being included in such films or recordings and the use, reproduction, storage, distribution and broadcasting of such films and recordings (including any copies made) without payment.

If you paid by credit card contact your card issuer. Regardless of their terms and conditions, their T&Cs cannot stop your rights under the distance selling regulations and your basic consumer rights. A credit note isn't acceptable or warrantied IMV because they can't offer an alternative to the services they originally sold you. It seems to me that "Live" are trying it on, personally that would make me even more determined to get a full refund.

As always the devil is in the detail. Small print, Terms & Conditions, go read!

Julian.

Julian,

I should have been more clear, to book camping tickets you have to ring the number on the LRO Show website, it now turns out that these tickets were booked through the company which run Billing Aquadrome, not Live Promotions. If I had just pre-booked tickets for the show, without camping, 'See Tickets' who are selling just day tickets, are offering exchanges or full refunds, but Billing are not. I booked over the phone and have still not even received my tickets by the way, and there were no terms and conditions explained to me along these lines at the time, or any sent to me since booking for me to read and object to at the time. A company can not just go around taking people's money and then making up terms and conditions afterwards.

It is a shame but from now on I am not going to pre-book any tickets until a day or two before the show.

I wish I could go this time but I am getting married on 11th August, unless I could sneak off for a couple of hours :)

In UK law they are required to give a full refund if they change the dates of the show. Regardless of any T&Cs.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/travel_leisure_and_food_e/consumer_event_tickets_e/if_the_organisers_cancel_the_event.htm

If the organisers cancel the event

If the organisers cancel the event, you are entitled to a full refund of the face value of the ticket, and usually the booking fee. The face value is the cost of the ticket as printed on it, without extras on top such as postage, administration and booking fees.

You are entitled to this refund because the organisers failed to provide what they sold you, and have broken their contract with you.

This will often be done automatically , although some will explain the way to claim on their websites or through emails.

Check whether your ticket seller is a member of the Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers (STAR). If they are, they should follow a code of practice which says they must refund all fees, when an event is cancelled.

Sometimes the small print on your ticket, or wording on the website about the ticket sale, is unfair. For example, if it says you're not entitled to a refund if the event is cancelled by the organisers, this is likely to be unfair. In this case, you should complain to your ticket seller. If you have difficulty getting a refund for the event, you can contact the Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers (STAR) if your ticket seller is a member.

The organisers have changed the date

If an event is changed to another date, your tickets should be valid. If you can't make the new date, then you're entitled to a full refund.

Getting a refund if you paid by card

If you paid by credit card and the ticket cost more than £100, contact your credit card company as you may be able to get your money back through them. They are likely to be ‘equally liable’ with the ticket seller to refund money, when the ticket seller has broken their contract with you.

Unfortunately travel/accommodation costs aren't normally covered unless you paid by credit card in which case you may be able to get a refund through your card issuer.

I probably ought to make it clear that this ONLY applies to tickets for the event and tickets for the event that included camping. Bookings for camping made with Billing that happened to coincide with the dates of the event aren't covered because the camping is still available so if you choose not to turn up because the event isn't running, that's your option. Billing have allowed people to transfer their camping bookings to the new event dates but you have no chance of a refund in those circumstances.

I'm happy to say that I have received a refund from Billing for the tickets and camping, which is much appreciated. If you go to the LRO website and see the Billing FAQ's http://www.lro.com/news.php?sid=1320&page=1 you will find a number and contact details for Valerie Herman who sorted out my refund.

I hope anyone who can still make it has a good time.