does rolling chassis have value?

Mean Green

I recently bought a 200tdi project with the intention of putting it back on the road. But the rot on the body is much worse than expected and it will now be a donor for another project.

This will leave a chassis ( probably a rolling chassis) - so the question is do I just scrap it or is it worth trying to sell - will have a v5 available.

I was in the same situation a couple of years ao. I had broken a rotten bodied Rangey with a near perfect chassis. Do you think I could GIVE the chassis away?

Don't hold your breath, I ended up weighing mine in. It just depends whether anyone happens to be looking when you are selling. Mention it on as many forums and FB etc as you can. Someone may crop up....

Thanks. When I do get round to stripping it - probably in about 6 weeks - the priority will be to get it out of the way as soon as possible to make space.

So probably scrapping is the easiest option.

In the meantime - if anyone is interested in a 1993 chassis with V5 - that will probably end up as a rolling chassis please let me know.

Hi Simon,

Yeah, just needs too much work to put back on the road - mechanically it is 1st class, but body is let and truly rotten. So i have a new project which will need a few bits and pieces from the Red one.. but other than that it is going.

Simon, it is standard. I will keep a stock of useful bits but the main thing that I will be left with is the Chassis, so will want to get shot of it to make space. just looking at options of selling it with V5 or just send to scrappy.