T-MAX winches

Marc.be

hi,

I'm looking for a winch to fit my range rover. i'm not using it for challenges, just for when I'm stuck or to help friends sometimes.

I was thinking about fitting a T-max (probably a 11000 or 12000). does anybody here has experience with those winches?

thanks,

Marc

I have a T-max EW-12500 and its a OK winch, its quite slow but also powerfull, it have always kept pulling.

I have been quite happy with my T-max , until the overload clutch on a medium pull suddenly let go and the car drop 1½ meter downhill. I dont think there is a need for overload clutch, and I will prefer to ruin the motor instead of the winch suddenly freespool, so I will try to get the overload clutch welded solid.

freespool clutch thingy? didnt know that existed never seen it happen with my EW-11000 & ive had that loaded till it's stalled this wkend.

as stated above, slow but doesnt stop pulling. ive have mine about 18months now & cant fault it. i have to tap it with a stone/hammer/stick now & then but i know its been well submerged & i havent got round to stripping & cleaning it.

i wasnt aware of the spares situation either, not having broken mine yet.