Bonnet Vinyl Wrap

Mean Green

I went to a sign makers shop and bought a few square meters of self adhesive matt black PVC. Once I cut to shape I saved the backing paper as a template for future use.

The show ground people will charge you 20 quid...the sign makers around a fiver!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Here`s the pictures i mentioned earlier it`s a lot easier if you can remove the panels and do them inside or in a warm area.

I get a lot of light refecting into the cabin from my roof lights... so I thought I'd have a go at this last weekend.

What a flaming disaster! LOL... I bought a vinyl ("matt black") roll from fleabay... All good! Started to apply it to the bonnet - and immediately got air bubbles... Not problem I though - I've watched the tutorials on Youtube - how hard can it be? I was armed with a hot air gun, and the "velvet plastic air bubble remover tool thing".

After a few repeated, failed applications, I eventually managed to crease the vinyl... Got the hot air gun out, to "soften" the vinyl - but blew a hole right through the middle of it...

Never again... Never again.. :(