weird noise coming from the back 110 td5

Tibout

hi guys hope you could help. so have that noise coming from the back of the landy...it sound like the tyres are a bit flat, you knoe the noise flat tyres make when you're driving!!!! if you get me. i've checked the pressure and they are fine. tyres are standard on steel wheel, done the wheel bearing, change the diff oil still no change.

sound is louder the faster i go even in free wheeling. sound like i have oversized offroad tyres. i don't know if these standard tyres will sound like that, i was thinking that the landy is not plylined and there's nothing between the cab and the rear could amplify the sound make it sound louder?

any help wellcome

kind regards

thierry

I would look at the wheel bearings first. Put the transfer box in neutral, chock the wheels and jack up each of the rear wheels. See if you can wobble the wheel side to side, or if you can hear the noise when you rotate the wheel.

If they are OK, check the A frame ball joint, then the A frame chassis end bushes which are often forgotten.

Si

just swap wheels and tyres with a friend all four and guess what noise is gone... the standard tyres are not even worn so i don't know if they are all loudy? anyway at least i know now where it's coming from. need to source some tyres now any recommendation going to use my standard steel wheel unless i get a good value wheel and tyres package.

thanks thierry