200 low oil pressure :(

jad

My dad just made what seems like a fairly sensible observation. If you look at the picture of the driven gear in the pump you can see that the splines are worn unevenly and broken up. I wouldnt mine betting this is the source of the fragments we found. The shaft that drives the gear looks to be in good condition though. If this is where it has come from then hopefully it was these bits causing the low oil pressure and with a change of gears everything will be dandy..... (Crosses fingers)

Jad

I have oil pressure! :i-m_so_happy:

70psi Cold Idle

15psi Hot Idle

40 Psi Hot 60mph

Much better than ZERO!!! :wacko:

I ended up replacing the both gears, had to source another idler gear as the gen one brit car sent had been dropped by someone at some point and had dents in a couple of teeth! (Not blaming britcar they were going to send me another tuesday, but will now ask for a refund on monday) Luckily Marshalls of bedford manage to get me one ready at 8 40 saturday morning after calling at 5 30 friday night! Now thats not bad service and it wasnt any more expensive than britcar which is a bonus!

Also changed the pressure relief plunger and spring. The spring that was in their was just over 70mm. I found from the 200 manual that it should be 67.7mm long uncompressed. The genuine one I bought according to the britpart ruler I was using :hysterical: was just over 68mm.

Also changed the o ring and copper washer in there. But I am now a very happy man :i-m_so_happy:

Thanks for all the help.

Jad