defender roof lining/ floor carpet

I have recentlly insulated and retrimmed the roof and rear of my 110 hardtop. Still got to do the front though.

After stripping it out and cleaning I applied flashing tape to roof, sides, wheel boxes and floors. Followed by 25mm Kingspan on roof and side panels. All areas not covered I used Wickes bitumen waterproofing stuff, cause I had some already n thought it'd cut down condensation.

Insulated it all then used 3mm ply for sides n wheel boxes covered in Veltrim vehicle carpet.

2mm mdf for the roof covered in a faux leather from Dunelm Mills and used 3mm chequer plate rubber matting for floor n 2mm chequer plate rubber matting for seatbox and footwells.

Got the ply from local timber merchants.

Kingspan from builders yard.

Veltrim, chequer plate rubber matting, Mdf sheets n adhesive spray came from Harrison Trim Supplies .co.uk. On eBay too as "toeragstruckmats".

Pretty impressed so far, it's definitely warmer, cured the condensation but I am

hoping the bulk of the noise will decrease when I finish cab area n seatbox.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Ha

See your point for defo.

When I got it the previous owner had fitted the back out in 12mm ply and a hand made drawer between the wheel boxes, floor to roof cupboards on top of wheel boxes. Plus a few other bits n bobs.

I was getting 19 to 20mpg so decided to weigh it at work. 2900kgs!!!

Took all that out plus water tank roof rack and spare wheel carrier n it came down to 2200kg.

Mpg shot up to about 25.

But it was a lot noisier so I plumped for a compromise.

Still have enough issues to remind me it's a Land Rover!

Love it though!