gearbox crossmembers ??

cheers chris :D . am doing a 300 tdi conversion on my 90,have made the engine mount as per tech section (fitted onto original mounts perfect ) to mate the 300 with the lt77 using original 200 chasis mounts but have decided to fit r380 gearbox as well so req gearbox crossmember crossmember.

john

If you are fitting an r380 then the gearstick is going to be too far back as you've fitted the 300tdi in the 200tdi position. The r380 crossmember fits about 6" further back than the lt77 crossmember and will not fit and work with the engine in your current position.

my fault as should of been clearer :blush: :blush: . i am now going to fit the complete engine and box from a 300 defender !!! i originally made the engine mount and mated it into the chasis but not happy with exhaust position and extending all oil pipes etc to make it fit. so have decided to abandon the lt77 box etc so was asking if the disco crossmember would fit and put the engine into the correct/factory position for a 300 tdi ?? will then fab some mounts for the engine to weld to chasis .

cheers

john

Here is one I did earlier! You can see where I had to cut a V out of the top of the wing to go around the seatbox mount. The front lower bolt goes through the extended bit I welded on the bottom of the wing. I therefore have 5 bolts holding the X-member on which is about 2 more than a normal 90 one!!

post-1427-0-18270500-1350935783_thumb.jpg

I was wondering about this. My previously n/a 110 had a 300tdi and r380 fitted by its last "engineer" owner. He made new engine mounts but used the existing LT77 mounts. I had to fit a new box recently and the old rubber mounts fell apart. Can't get the new ones to line up properly, this would be why then?!