Overfinch Discovery

motomoog

Hello, my first post and one I'm looking forward to your responses. I have just acquired a genuine and straight Overfinch Discovery. It's a 1991, I like Land Rovers but not sure if I deserve such a prestigious motor. Im in the job for money but really have got a soft spot for the old girl. My questions are these:

How much is it worth?

Where do I get engine parts?

Where do I get the suspension and

Is it worth restoring / are they desirable?

Looking forward to your help.

Hi,

Which Overfinch conversion did it undergo?

Do you have the documentation and does it have the bonnet badges?

It's worth restoring if you want to keep it, you can just sell it for the running gear to be transferred into a different project. You do lose the heritage doing that and you will get less.

There has been one for sale recently, at a vastly over-inflated price, I'm not sure it it's sold now but it certainly hadn't after many months when I last looked.

Post some photos up so people can make a more informed decision on restoration?

Engine parts are probably obtainable from real-steel, I'm sure there are other places, someone more informed than me will likely know where :)

Suspension parts are probably KONI dampers and special springs, there are a lot of places selling springs of all different types so...

Hope this helps

There was only one may be two Overfinch Discos and they were one offs, so if genuine and as new must be worth a mint, it was a trial as most clients prefured the luxury of the Range Rover which is still the same today.

The question is, is it genuine :(

Most definately genuine and at just under 100k miles with full Overfinch history with no expense spared. Thanks for your help so far, I have decided to get it MOTed and see what happens. Will try to add some photos when I get it home from welding. Needed cills and a few patches, new tyres all round then MOT. I could do with finding someone who knows Chevvy engines so I can pep the old girl as its running lumpy?? Any clues?

Good luck with dealing with Ovefinch.... Last time I asked them about EAS on one of their RR's they didnt want to know.A small block Chev is an easy engine to deal with,over 60 million units were made.Nice and simple,tired ignition components and worn fuelling kit are probably a good place to start.