Odd squeak from my rear end

I recently had the seal replaced on the rear diff pan on my 1990 110 Defender Tdi and it's now developed a squeak when I'm in reverse.

It seems to drive perfectly fine in reverse, just as the wheels rotate I get an...eeekkk!!! Like a mouse has taken up residence and gets it's tail pinched in the cogs. Driving forwards is perfectly fine, the garage that replaced it for me said they couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, only that the seal had a split in it so had to put a blob of sealant on the seal.

Any ideas what the potential problem might be...problem with the diff...wheel bearing???????

Ahh Salisbury axle diff pan gasket, got you.

Urmm shouldn't have done anything to cause a squeak to appear... are you sure its coming from the rear diff? - have someone else reverse the truck see if you can get a better idea where its coming from, make sure its not the brakes or something else...