OME shocks and coils

reads90

Ok

while the misses went to get the tracking done on the 90, the chap at the place told her the coils and springs on the 90 we shagged

so i booked it into ARB to get them checked. Which here in Aus is free (after all the do have 2 year warrenty)

Well after doing 25,000 miles around aus on some of the most corrigated roads around and the truck loaded to the hilt all the time, and with a trailer

The results were the springs were at the same level as they were when the 500k test was done . (here in AUS you have to take the truck back 500k's after they have been fitted to check that they are ok and sitting porberley, part of the warrenty)

I was amazed thought they would have sagged a bit , you know only to be fair as we gave them a tough time of corrigated tracks and heavy off roading with a trailer all the time

I am very pleased and surprised, after all that is two years worth of driving

So a thumbs up for OME from me

Ali

If you go into most of thw kwik fit type places here for a simple job like wheel alignment or balancing they alway find something that's your with your car, iffy exhaust, dangerous tyre etc. Had one place try and tell my missus the exhaust was corroded and needed replacement, when she asked we the corrosion was she was told she couldn't see it as it was internal, the exahust lasted at leat another 12 months and was still fine when we sold the car, that was the last time I ever spent any money there, they used to supply all my car tyres as their prices where very good, but I have now found somewhere else that can match them for price so they get my money instead.

When mother-in-law's exhaust fell off her car while out one day, 'lucky' for her it happened just around the corner from a Kwik Fit. Part way through the exhuast replacement, she was given the bad news that a tyre needed replacing, the brake pipes were shot and a shocker was leaking. 'Would you like us to fix it?'.

At this point mother-in-law pulled the pass cert she still had in her bag from the MoT test she'd had carried out just a couple days beforehand....

Exit stage left one red faced Kwik Fit employee.

When mother-in-law's exhaust fell off her car while out one day, 'lucky' for her it happened just around the corner from a Kwik Fit. Part way through the exhuast replacement, she was given the bad news that a tyre needed replacing, the brake pipes were shot and a shocker was leaking. 'Would you like us to fix it?'.

At this point mother-in-law pulled the pass cert she still had in her bag from the MoT test she'd had carried out just a couple days beforehand....

Exit stage left one red faced Kwik Fit employee.

The kwik-fit man should have questioned the validity of an MOT pass certificate issued just a couple of days before an exhaust falls off....

remember the saying....

'you can't get shi*ter than a kwik fit fitter'

mike

I don't think that's entirely fair, easy as it may be to jump on the slander band-wagon, they hardly hold the monopoly in a market where it's almost traditional to pull a fast one on a less-than-knowledable customer. As long as you're not a born sucker then they provide a cheap and effective enough service, they're not forcing you to have the extra work they spot done besides anyway.