Outrigger Blow

Just got some bad news from Charley the welder who was going to fit the new outrigger, he doesn't have a workshop and says its too big a job to do outside.

He reckons that everything above will have to come off. I didn't realise this and thought you might be able to suspend the body and do the job ?

What exactly is involved in cutting off and replacing the N/S bulkhead outrigger.

Looks like I'm going down to Inverness on Tuesday to try a 4x4 repair garage !

I did both front outriggers without taking any body work off. It's a horrible job though. Removing the remnants of the old outrigger and cleaning up the chassis is the worst bit. I bought the outriggers that hook over the chassis rail and was able to weld the inside by removing the exhaust etc.

With the floor panel out and the bulkhead bolt removed a plasma cutter would take it off in a matter of minutes , access with a 4 1/2" grinder is a bit tight

but do-able . Clean up and weld new one on :) . If the support from the bulkhead to chassis is left on the bulkhead shouldn't sag either, and

grease the big bolt when you put it in ;)

cheers

Steveb