What To Do With Unused Wiring?

In the ongoing quest of wiring up the 110 ive come to realize that an awful lot of my TD5 wiring loom is redundant.

This is because of me running an RV8 which will be megasquirted, and therefore meaning that i do not need any of the TD5 glowplug, ECU and fault diagnosis circuitry. This amounts to a fair old chunk of wires.

Can i just cut the stuff off that i dont need and seal the ends? This would allow me to run the MS loom along the same route as the TD5 ECU wiring into the drivers side seatbox. This would be very neat and mean that no big loom will be visible inside the cab.

Al thoughts welcome...

i used a td5 all wiring looms to fit a 200 tdi into a defender

made sure i had all nessery wires ect then cut them back into to the

loom heat shrink all single wires then heat srinked them again around loom

all perfect and very neat no loose ends

regards

mike

If there's a lot of wiring to be removed and you are adding wires for megasquirt and maybe other things then it maybe worth removing all the trunking and insulation tape from the loom and removing the complete wires.

Then you can add all the megasquirt cables etc and reinsulate it all and add trunking.

I appreciate this could be a very time consuming process, but it will be nice and neat.

Have a look at what Adam001 is doing here: http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=76920&p=691684

Once you've removed all the wires you don't need and add all the wires you do need then you can re insulate it all!

Steve