A legal question

Richard Spandit

The housing estate in which I live has roads that are turned over to the council. One of them leading to my house bends round a nice piece of grass - I've always been tempted to drive straight over this - not that I would as I don't want to attract adverse attention, but wondered if there was any specific law prohibiting this...

Hmmm

I don't know but have been reading Als thread on undoing the nut, and just wondered re a "Terrify a rambler tree hugger idea" :unsure:

Just wondered if you went lanning in a full "Gimp" rubber suit, inc headcover and zip, drive along BOAT and find rambler set, awaiting for fist waving and shouting to begin, then exit 4x4 in full GIMP regalia, walk up to rambler, unzip mouth and speak, you'd prob hear the underpants of the rambler fill as you whispered...

Would also mean you could stay mud free, and prob warm too, and in Moglites case mix 2 hobbies together for the same day..

Nige :)

Depends on who owns the land?

At a guess (and it is just a guess) the communal areas of the estate will have been adopted by the council at the same time as the roads, in which case they'll be subject to whatever bylaws your local council has. Which almost certainly means no, not legal without specific permission from the council.

Of course, it may belong to one of your neighbours, in which case time to get them interested in land rovers ;)

Hmmm

I don't know but have been reading Als thread on undoing the nut, and just wondered re a "Terrify a rambler tree hugger idea" :unsure:

Just wondered if you went lanning in a full "Gimp" rubber suit, inc headcover and zip, drive along BOAT and find rambler set, awaiting for fist waving and shouting to begin, then exit 4x4 in full GIMP regalia, walk up to rambler, unzip mouth and speak, you'd prob hear the underpants of the rambler fill as you whispered...

Would also mean you could stay mud free, and prob warm too, and in Moglites case mix 2 hobbies together for the same day..

Nige :)

LMAO @Nige

At a guess (and it is just a guess) the communal areas of the estate will have been adopted by the council at the same time as the roads, in which case they'll be subject to whatever bylaws your local council has. Which almost certainly means no, not legal without specific permission from the council.

Of course, it may belong to one of your neighbours, in which case time to get them interested in land rovers ;)

Thats my point, if you can get the land owners permission then you can drive over it. But it might be still owned by the people who build the houses and not adopted.

They build a new supermarket in Oswestry few years ago, the road leading past it (as a through road) and turning into it was never adopted by the council. So the super market could stop people using at any time. Just leaving it as access to the supermarket and no through road. But most people do not know this as there is only one sign at one end stateing "Undopted Road".

Paul