Not tyres but wheels

The 16" bit (the rim) isn't the issue... it is the other parameters that matter. Standard Defender tyres are typically larger than Disco ones, so you should consider lifting suspension etc. to accomodate the larger diameter.

No no no :P

He wants to fit defender tyres to disco rims to put on a defender!

You will be fine

Jad

Also depends on what age they are too... I have a Disco 1 from 1992 but the Disco alloys from my old 1998 Disco would not fit due to the older 10 spline drive members being too thick to allow the rim to fit properly.....

If rim looks like this.....

Rusty10-16Nov029.jpg

(Can't find pic of inside the wheel but it is tapered toward the outside from the hub center.)

But drive members look like this...

Rusty10-16Nov024.jpg

Then maybe not?

Roughly speaking if you have disc brakes on the rear and or your vehicle is 1993 or newer apart from changing to alloy type wheel nuts you will have no issues.

It sounds like you have ES freestyle alloys wich will be fine on a 90.or 110 I'm not sure if they are weight rated for a 130 but they would physically fit.

Roughly speaking if you have disc brakes on the rear and or your vehicle is 1993 or newer apart from changing to alloy type wheel nuts you will have no issues.

It sounds like you have ES freestyle alloys wich will be fine on a 90.or 110 I'm not sure if they are weight rated for a 130 but they would physically fit.

Looks like I'll have to try the spare on and see if it'll fit, I'm scrapping the Disco soon and want the wheel as they now have nearly new M+S tyres on