series 1 80 inch bulkhead info help

NUMHSKULL

As per the title, can anyone on here help me identify this bulkhead please?

It has an ID plate on it, but i doubt its the genuine one. Its held on with 3 screws, but going by the missing one it looks like its had a rivet chiseled off...

ID number is 36101572, which i believe refers to a 1953 basic model.

Construction is alloy over a steel frame. Is this normal for that year? should it not be all steel?

It has all the holes for left and right hand drive, left side blanked off as does the left side floorplate. with what looks like factory covers.

When i first aquired it a V8 and a rollcage had already been fitted, hence much chopped about...

Any info as to what year or model its from would be greatly appreciated.

post-17156-0-59407000-1359928802_thumb.jpgpost-17156-0-83947800-1359928849_thumb.jpgpost-17156-0-74949500-1359928909_thumb.jpgpost-17156-0-58275500-1359929451_thumb.jpg

More photos of the engine side in a min...

Cheers

H

Alloy on a steel frame is quite common - and if you look on S1 club forum you'll find a long discussion and much speculation about them.

The 86 bulkhead is radically different (top, parcel shelf, angled footwells . . . ) - and 1600 80in bulkheads have sidelights in the top corners - which were dropped for the 2 litre which had one-piece front wings (1600's and 86in have detachable outside panels - with the same e part number) with the sidelight faired in.

http://www.lrsoc.com/forum/index.php