range rover vogue 300 tdi softdash, central locking problem.

neiltce

Hi peeps..

as title, range rover vogue 300tdi 1995, Soft dash central locking not working,

so had a little poke around as you do... and got some bad news...

the original alarm was removed from the car, and replaced with a toad alarm, this then got water logged ( acording the a receipt i have, ) and was removed.

the alarm box is still in the car strangley enough, but is chucked in the glove box....

So my problem is, there are some wires chopped orf under the glovebox, and a couple of relays hanging down.. not sure what the wires are or do, there is also a blue straight connector plug hanging down,

what i would like is a wiring diagram for the central locking and alarm... and if poss some info on the imobilising side, as i have bouggt a new secondhand imobilisor and would like to fit that, and would also like to fit one of these http://www.hawkcaralarm.com/UniversalUpgradeRemoteKeylessForCentralLock.aspx to get the locking working again.

Any advice would be greatfully received, thanks in advance....

Hi elbekko

Thanks for that, but was trying to work out what you meant, thought a rave was a party for druggies, but there ya go. I now know its a workshop manual of some kind,

Found it and will be downloading it when I get home..

Thanks again...

Well haveing spent an hour browsing through the rave... when it comes to electrics the rave is no better than a haynes comic..

no diagrams, just basic stuff for minor repairs... so still stuck...

I guess a few hours with a multimeter will be the only way i will find out where the wires go and what they are for......

• 8 months later...

been very busy sorting the range rover out... bought a hawk central locking controller and it now works great...

But..... the central locking doesnt always work... the actuators bounce... so now replaced all the springs in the locks,

the locking still doesnt always work... the actuators seem week... is this a sign they are worn out, or is there something im missing...

Yep, got the springs and have changed them, but there still seems to be a problem.. I've swapped one of the actuators and it worked for a time but has stopped working again..

Is there anything else to look for..

Going to get some silicone grease spray to see if that helps..

The old grease in the locks gets very stiff in old age and low temps,its a lot of work but removing them and degrease then re-grease is a good help.

Surprised you didn't find much help with the Rave info,in the electrical troubleshooting manuals you should have wiring diagrams,colour codes,connector numbers,splice and earth connector numbers.All this along with photos showing connector locations etc.Plus test proceedures for some circuits.Just about the best workshop manuals you will find.

Top tailgate actuators live in a nasty environment,and often complain....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi elbekko

Thanks for that, but was trying to work out what you meant, thought a rave was a party for druggies, but there ya go. I now know its a workshop manual of some kind,

Found it and will be downloading it when I get home..

Thanks again...

Sorry for the highjack but could you enlighten me as to where you found the download please?

Thanks

Graham.