3 door 7 seater

ronnie_rotten

hey all. i've just been to have a quick look at a disco i'm considering buying. it;s a '98 with sexy black paint. just struck me thst it had 7 seats, but only 3 doors. is that a weird setup? i would of thought if somebody carried enough passengers to justify 7 seats, they might opt for a full set of doors too?!?

was just wondrin', is all....

It used to be available as an option - I nearly bought one many years ago. Never fitted to all of them though - IIRC it was a no cost option on the five door and extra cost on the three door, and my father has a 98 which only has five seats (one of the very last, built in Jul 98 when they supposedly stopped building them in June!)

i'm not sure if i see it as an advantage or not... i do like the useful storage pockets in 5 door models, but then, i hate those crappy plasticy storage pockets in 5 door models!!!

dunno what the insurance implications of 2 extra seats is? higher premium, i guess...

Ok had a look in my sales brochure for 1997-98MY disco (which I should have done in the first place) the 3 door and the base 5 door model are 5 seaters with the option of being a 7 seater, all the rest are are 7 seaters.

i'm not sure if i see it as an advantage or not... i do like the useful storage pockets in 5 door models, but then, i hate those crappy plasticy storage pockets in 5 door models!!!

dunno what the insurance implications of 2 extra seats is? higher premium, i guess...

Not necessarily, depends on who you insure with?,.

I insured my 7 seat 3 door and asked the question if it was any cheaper if I removed the flip up seats and had the log book altered to just 5 and they said it makes no difference, it is based on the group and any accessories fitted....