disco 2 water in fuel sensor

petrolhead63

I think I have a second water in fuel sensor gone duff on me. Warning light on again, changed filter and no water in it at all but light remains on. If I unplug the connector on the sensor in the filter the light goes off indicating it is the sensor at fault.

I notice two types for sale.

one has two little metal prongs on it, the other has a plastic washer separating two brass parts held together with a cross head screw. This being as mine and the previous one.

Does anybody know if one is better than other?

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem as you by the sounds my light started to flash on and off every now and again I had a new filter in my garage so decided to fit it now my light is on all the time so think it must be the sensor at fault mine is the same as yours rubber type o ring seperating the two brass parts looking on Ebay they are around £20 plus postage each so will be buying on when I get paid the light is only a warning light, there is no water in my fuel have checked so snesor must be at fault will try unpluging it tomorrow to see if it stays off