Rear door hinge

Igol

Simple question, are they swappable?

My bottom tailgate hinge looks out of kilter so I think its had it and I've got a spare top hinge off a scrapper so will that replace it?

The lower hinge has those 'rivets' on it which seem to be missing on the replacement ones I've googled

From memory they are different top / bottom.

Certainly to bottom one has the 'pop' rivet holes - that wouldn't stop me trying - once the rivet heads are removed - use your weapon of choice here - the breakaway center bit is hard so a grinder might be a better option than a drill.

It's an easy swap so long as you take the spare wheel off the door first and have somebody / something to support the door.

Steve

Isnt the grinder always the better option? :)

More than happy to give it a go but then I'll be left without a door if it doesn't work so I think I'll head back to the scrappy and grab the lower one.

Had the door off when I did the cross member work bench and a jack worked that time with a couple of bits of timber to bulk things up.

Be very very careful, the bolts that go thro the door will shear if they are at all rusty. They will shear in such a manner that, without resorting to extreme violence, you will not be able to pull the hinge out of the door. Been there, done that, got the bad temper and blood loss to prove. Also a Disco rear door is a lot heavier than it looks.....

I took my bottom hinge off and re-pinned it.

where did you get the pins? need to do this on my rear door now, went out after reading the post opened the back door on my disco & the hinge snaped, in my defense I've only had the disco for a few day & this was only the 2nd time I'd opened the rear door