defender td5 auto transmission cooler location

hey guys iv got a td5 defender iv been building with a discovery td5 auto box. its got the larger performance intercooler on it but my problem now is i have no room for the transmission cooler. what would you guys suggest? i dont really want the aircon type grill on it as i dont really like them .

any help? cheers :)

I've heard of a mocal oil cooler in the inner wing. Will need a little fan though and a baffle to stop wheel dirt. A 13 row might do on the road, maybe a 16 for towing and offroading with poor air flow. Even if the wing idea is pants, these coolers fit all sorts of places.

Or a long furry tube one under and behind the bumper?

definatly somthing to consider cheers for that.

also iv had a thought (whilst loosing sleep over it) of maybe fitting a bracket on the front x member an have it hang down and the air will hopfully come between the bumper and steering guard direct to the cooler . i was going to have a look today. ill defo consider them options as well .

cheers :)

definatly somthing to consider cheers for that.

also iv had a thought (whilst loosing sleep over it) of maybe fitting a bracket on the front x member an have it hang down and the air will hopfully come between the bumper and steering guard direct to the cooler . i was going to have a look today. ill defo consider them options as well .

cheers :)

The Wolf units hang the cooler off the cross member in front of the rad as you suggested, so that should be acceptable.

(EDIT - wish I could find the oil cooler fitting that bolts onto the R380, as I'd like to add a cooler but our tranny never had one so has the 'return' fitting in lieu of the tranny hose connector fitting.)