Building a Silly Engine

geoffbeaumont

Do you mount the injectors in those, or are they just throttles? Could be quite a project in it's own right mounting them?

this is common practice in the kit car world - i.e. using bike TBs on a car inlet manifold with very good improvent over carbs - both pereformance, economy (not that that mattters) and emissions wise.

the obvious thing is to select the right size bodies - a bike can fule a car engine up to 2x its capacity so a 1000 cc each sied will do you up to 4 litre no probs. The other thing is the body spacing. I have not seen these BMW ones before but japanese bike ones are paired or individual, the latter give you most felxibilty on spacing.

then you make a flange out of steel or ali and weld on tubes to match the inlet ports to the bodies - the connection between the manifold tubes and TBS can be done using rubber tubes.

obviously you would be using megasquirt or smilar tuneable efi.

you may be tight on space on the v8 but I am sure I have seen it done; I was right, here we go.

TB9.jpg

TB11.jpg

luvly B) !!!?!?!?!?!

and on another v8:

CycloneV8.JPG

The "Build this for £500" is rather misleading as ~£350 of it went on a datalogger & software that TBH you could live without. All you need is a big-ass vacuum cleaner and a DIY manometer.

You could even get brownie points by using your home vacuum cleaner and buying SWMBO a nice shiny new one ;) doing it the other way round may not gain so many points :rolleyes:

The "Build this for £500" is rather misleading as ~£350 of it went on a datalogger & software that TBH you could live without. All you need is a big-ass vacuum cleaner and a DIY manometer.

He does actually say the basic uncalibrated version is a lot cheaper. Don't think I could really justify the calibrated flow meter since all I really need to know is whether I've made it better and whether the ports are flowing about the same.

You could even get brownie points by using your home vacuum cleaner and buying SWMBO a nice shiny new one ;) doing it the other way round may not gain so many points :rolleyes:

No SWMB, but the hoover is a bit knackered... ;)