Engine change registration

snailracer

I finally decided to tell the DVLA that I've got a 200tdi in my 109 and have received a letter asking for a form of evidence (despite it having passed two MOTs since it was done).

They want one of the following

A reciept of purchase from a garage confirming details

An inspection report from AA RAC etc

An insurance inspection report

Written confirmation from engine manufacturer showing engine number and size.

The easiest would be the receipt but as it wasnt done at a garage...

So which option is going to be the cheapest and easiest? Any suggestions?

They have sent me a replacement V5 with the original specs on so I could just carry on but I'm worried about insurance not paying out if something goes wrong (despite them knowing its a 200tdi).

Cheers

I have to say that the ball ache when something goes awry far outweighs the hassle of the RAC/AA inspection and paperwork.

When I stacked my 110 it had a 4.2 in it instead of it's origional 3.5, and although the insurance knew, the DVLA didn't. This gave the insurance (Lancaster, who were useless, underwritten by Equity Red Star, who are complete barstewards) the opening to try to renege on their agreed valuation. It took me a year of bother, and eventually a summons to the small claims court before they paid up!

Do it right now, and sleep easy now and forever more.

When I did mine I asked the garage who was doing the MOT to give me a letter stating that engine number was in the vehicle plus fuel change DVLA logged the details no problem. The AA and RAC stated they no longer do vehicle inspections

When I did mine I asked the garage who was doing the MOT to give me a letter stating that engine number was in the vehicle plus fuel change DVLA logged the details no problem. The AA and RAC stated they no longer do vehicle inspections

vehicle inspections on RAC website http://www.rac.co.uk/buying-a-car/vehicle-inspections/ & AA http://www.theaa.com/vehicle-inspections/prices.html