Usual Disco 2 Sunroof leak

rabbitwacker

Help !! I am a newbie on here. I have had a 300tdi for 11 years and apart from bits wearing out have had no real problem.

Have just ' upgraded ' to a TD5 and am already feeling I have made a boo-boo as the first sign of rain I got a steady drip-drip from the manual sunroof winder.

I read on here that folks have had problems but it seemed to be associated with electric sunroofs, so I went for manual.

is the drainage pipe the same on both ? And will the headlining still have to come out ?

Mine leaked for a bit but it was just that the plastic bit at the sunroof where the pipes push on had become brittle and broke so got some slightly smaller pipe to fit inside these and tiger sealed them together. That's 2 year ago now and their still ok.

Mine leaked for a bit but it was just that the plastic bit at the sunroof where the pipes push on had become brittle and broke so got some slightly smaller pipe to fit inside these and tiger sealed them together. That's 2 year ago now and their still ok.

So the sunroof could be still be leaking then.

Thanks for the input guys, will check out replacing the seals and see what happens. If not then it is headlining out I suppose and check the drains.

I am so pleased I kept the TDI on which I am now welding the sills for its MOT

It won't be the glass seal it will be where it seals to the roof! To do it properly you need roof lining out, then undo the sunroof cartridges very easy ;-). You will see a foam strip around the outside edge which is where they leak, simply clean up the roof & sunroof apply a nice neat bead of silicone and put back together. That way you still get to use your sunroofs and they won't leak! Obviously just check the drains & things whilst ur doing it. But every one I've come across that leaked has been fixed in the same way. On a nice dry day it's a few hours simple work. Good luck

My Dad & a mate of mine have both had theirs to Preesall Motors near Blackpool..all stripped out, re-sealed & no more leaks! Wasn't much more than a hundred quid & was a top job..it was a bit of a drive but highly recommend..am sure there are other places that will do the same?