Strange symbol on Dash

Simon_CSK

I have a D type symbol with a couple of lines through it come up on my dash and are blinking. As a result of this happening the Central locking has stopped working as has the remote opening.

Does anybody know what this means. TD5 Disco Diesel on 51 plate.

Is it an auto...? If it is check that the selector knob is seated correctly... (put it into neutral and pull it up while pressing the button, it should come up, then sit it back in the hole to line it up and give it a knock with the palm of your hand.) It should sit in, then put it back into park, turn off the ignition and try again.

If that doesn't fix it, Put it in Park, get underneith and on the passenger (left) side of the box there is the selector lever, undo the nut (think its a 13mm) and move the selector all the way back and forward (it will click into each selection from P down to 1) then tighten the nut again.

See if that helps.

If its a manual.............................. put some insulating tape over the odometer.

With regards to the central locking..... no idea... maybe just coincidence, but check fuses etc first :)

If its a manual.............................. put some insulating tape over the odometer.

With regards to the central locking..... no idea... maybe just coincidence, but check fuses etc first :)

Brilliant :hysterical: yes it is a manual.

It is going for an MOT on Wednesday will get them to look for clues unless anyone else has any ideas.

Sorry :D

That space on the odometer is the indicator for the auto box... Mine was an auto as you may have guessed!.

Dunno why it would be lit for a manual but someone far more qualified will be along shortly to correct me :)

Just a thought..... Were you welding recently? Could have fried the BCU? Another stab in the dark but every little helps :D

Not welded Since December and now has a new chassis.

Over Drive indicator from auto box. If its illuminated in a manual, could be a short

Eric

Eric

What does this look like? I will try and post a photo later.