TD5 fuel pump - genuine v Allmakes/Bearmach?

Is the general opinion still that genuine is best with Td5 fuel pumps? £250ish v £80

Mine has got very noisy, continuous high pitch loud whine rather than a purging sound.

Anyone found a UK source for just the internal VDO pump A2C59511614?

Sean,

I fitted several pattern pumps before I bought a VDO pump from island4x4 - was a few years ago now tho.

The pattern pumps had various different faults and all had to go back and if I was doing it again - considering how dirty job it is - I wouldn't even consider any of the pattern pumps.

Swapped the fuel filter and it seems a bit quieter but haven't given it a run yet, that won't happen until I go to Dunsfold next Friday.

My ABS lights came back on while on the same journey as the pump got noisy so plugged the Nanocom in. Shuttle Switch Failure again so the pins must be gone in the Modulator (new switch fitted last year) and I've got rear right electrical failure despite fitting new sensors so it looks like a loom problem.

It's never ending, sometimes wonder if it's worth it!