OEM for land rover bushes?

reb78

Yep, similar experience here, they had for sale as 'new take off' thin and fixed flange Disco 1 rear half shafts, they arrived, thick flange and WELL used... sigh, but apparently it was impossible to have the combination of half shafts on my RRC without having swapped axles, and couldn't be convinced otherwise either.

Yep, I will never deal with paddocks again either.................or Craddocks come to that.

Always best by far to go to the seller and examine what you are buying first, they may not like it, but it sure as hell saves a LOT of hassle. The guy who is packing your order only wants to get the stuff out the door, and might put the wrong things in your order either intentionally or unintentionally, just to make the order up...........its less hassle for him. Or her. "That'll do"

If you want genuine, the only way you are going to get it, is to buy it in a sealed Land Rover package. Going back 30 years I worked for a Vauxhall main dealer, and even then the parts manager would buy in non genuine stuff from wholesalers to sell on as genuine, and I know for a FACT that this is still rife today in the trade. Its all about maximising profits, and even more so nowadays for the sellers of EVERTHING in the losing battle against the internet seller. It will not be too long now before you will not be able to buy anything "over the counter"

And another thing, before that I worked in factory. Hobourn Eaton. Who made oil and power steering pumps amongst other things. Most of what we made went direct to car manufacturers. Either straight to the production line, in which case the items were individually bagged and placed in a big crate/pallet, or to the parts operation, in which case they were boxed in the appropriate manufacturers box with a logo.

Also supplied the aftermarket.................BUT, they were supplied with pumps that were out of tolerance in some way, or "seconds" if you like. This was not a fiddle, this is what they wanted, as obviously these items were a lot cheaper to buy, and is why they could afford to sell them for less. It was also understood that none of them would be accepted back either. We would also have to grind the ID marks off, as it would not look good for the manufacturer if there was a problem. It made good business sense. They went out in a plain white box.

Of course, these aftermarket sellers could justifiably claim that the pumps were OEM....................

I have had massive issues with buying genuine parts here, and although it is Land Rover GLOBAL I can buy cheaper from a main dealer in the UK and have it shipped here quicker than waiting for parts to be delivered to a main dealers the city for me to collect, but on the whole I have learned a long time ago !you get what you pay for" and always seemed to find out the hard way that genuine parts from main dealers were always what I wanted and yes they cost more but they always lasted longer, so now I just bite the bullet, unless I am doing one of my net write ups for a parts supplier/manufacturer in which case I get a massive discount so it does not matter.