tyres

Hi, i have allways run either dumper pattern or mostly the maxicross pattern tyres, and allways been very happy eith the performance. A couple of times ive tried other mud terrains like simex pattern, i was fairly disapointed with the grip levels, as my trialler is low powered i rely on having good grip rather than right foot, next year I am planning to do more events that dont allow the open centre tyres and i am going to need another set, mainly for use on rocks although will still need to perform in mud at trials.

Im also wondering about sizes, i am running 32's at the moment but have patrol axles so have strength to run 35's, i know they will affect gearing but i have lower ration c+ps to go in so no worry about that either. Im just not sure if the jump in size and expense is worth it as i never have problems with the 32's

Cheers

Those insa turbo special tracks of mine work well enough. 265 on the back and 235 on the front and about 33". They can block up instantly, but at least we don't all have to run diamond pattern- well, not yet at least :)

I think LRS is 35" max, so its a good target. (go check first though).

Yeah see everyone says the insa/simex pattern are great maybe its just me being spoilt with open centres :/ last trial i went to all of us with maxicross were flying up the hills but it seemed too greasy for the simex esque tyres.

I have 235 85 16 fedimas on mine i think theyre 32.5 inch tall and they are great but alot of clubs and speed competitions dont allow them.

Has anyone used both the maxxis treps and simex and if so which is the best in mud? Obviously the maxxis will win on rocks.

I like the compound of the fedimas and theyre well priced so i was considering a set of these...

http://tyresdirectuk.co.uk/shop/product-info.php?prodname=33x12.50R15-108Q-Fedima-VJ910&id=31367

They are an inch or so taller than my current tyres and they look reasonable anyone used a set?

If you want to go slightly bigger than the common 235/85 and 265/75 then there is the 285/75 (in the simex pattern) in Insa and Fedima which are a nice height, if a little wide. I have the Fedima's as a. they came with the truck and b. they are better (I think) of the Insa's as they have lots of nobbly side wall tread.

I've noticed a couple of new tyres on the market recently, particularly a 255/85/16, which is normally only in the BFG mud flavour, in a simex style here. I personally don't know how good they are. Interesting they also come in 9.00 16 which is 255/100/16.

And also they do a few Maxxis creepy crawler remould, as well as this funky tyre!

Steve

These are what i have at the moment, http://tyresdirectuk.co.uk/shop/product-info.php?prodname=235/85R16-120N-Fedima-Cross-&id=16721

And they are great, but unfortunatly banned from many clubs and competitions. A friend of mine just bought a set of the ziarelli tyres and his look like mine after one event, and mine have had 8 months of use!! If the maxxis copys have that kind of longevity id rather spend the extra £40 and have the real deal in 35"