200tdi used injector pump

trying to get my head round fitting a used injector pump as a replacement for my knackered one. I know the tdc mark on the fly wheel will make 1 revolution compared to 2 for the cam and pump. Could anyone tell me if its possible to fit a second hand injector pump 360 degrees off the tdc? and if so how do i know if its right?

hope i made sense, this will be my first attempt messing with timing

cheers Dan

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for late reply, had issues with broad band. To update, swapped the pump out but it refused to fire. rotated it 360 degrees and still woulnt fire. i refitted the old pump and it started straight away.

ive been advised to use easy start to try get the none working pump going. Any thoughts? ive heard its bad for deisel engines

Also, reason i wanted to change the injection pump was because the previous owner said that a garage had discovered swarf/ metal filings in the soloinoid. How bad/ what consiquences would this have on the engine if i kept driving it?

cheers Dan

Also, reason i wanted to change the injection pump was because the previous owner said that a garage had discovered swarf/ metal filings in the soloinoid. How bad/ what consiquences would this have on the engine if i kept driving it?

it won't have any affect on the engine, because the swarf cannot get past the shut off solenoid, it comes from the cam plate & roller which pressurise the fuel inside the FIP, it will stop the FIP from operating or even starting as mine did,a rebuild with new parts will be required, mine was done about 6 years ago.

I've had pumps and injectors rebuilt by "DieselBob" and have been pleased with the results. I can recommend him to rebuild yours. He does have heavy duty alternative parts for some of the higher wear prone Bosch parts, and I don;t recall them costing much extra. I think I paid about £50 for a full pump rebuild, and I think that may have included injector overhaul too, but it's hard to remember as it was back in 2008!