Land ranger info needed

The Saint

I'm not being subversive but the DVLA are such an inconsistent, inefficient and inflexible bureaucratic government department (as they all are), I am not going to volunteer myself to go through all of that grief, paperwork and hassle to have my car put onto a Q plate because a few inches of the chassis has been cut off behind the axle. That's not to say I won't get it done but I won't be chasing it. I can honestly say with knowledge that as long as the vehicle has Tax, Mot, Insurance and in a road worthy condition the Police are not going to look, care or know if the chassis is modified and it should be iva'd. VOSA might care a bit more but then they would have to have knowledge of a RRC chassis and get under the thing. VOSA are also too busy with commercial vehicles to worry about PLG's. I would like to hear more facts about the story of the crushed Land ranger as the Police can only seize vehicles with no insurance and the driver has admitted to having no insurance or the driver is driving otherwise in accordance with a licence (or the vehicle has been used in crime but that's not part of the road traffic act). In both situations the Police do not have the power to prevent the owner from jumping through the relevant hoops and claiming his vehicle back. The most the Police and VOSA can do to a non-roadworthy PLG vehicle is put an immediate probation notice (PG9) on it, which means that it can not be driven on the road until the fault has been rectified and the appropriate body has deemed it worthy to go back on the road. They do not take the vehicle from you. VOSA can seize commercial vehicles with operator licensing offences but the owner can still get it back after jumping though the hoops. So to get back to the point I am intrigued as to which agency seized the vehicle and under which power and then which authority was used to crush the said vehicle. I had better go into hiding now :ph34r:

• 8 months later...

I have one of these - love it - i used her along side my tanks and APC's. At shows she got as much interest as the military vehicles.

Shes now back in the garage, the 3.5 litre is being replaced with a 4.6 litre gas converted V8 with an auto box

never had a problem with the police apart from once, they say she was too loud and i needed to put another silencer in the exhaust line.