2002 110 300tdi parts to 1992 200tdi

A local electric utility company has offered a pair of beaten 2002 110 300tdi trucks. 300tdi does not normally belong to this age, but according to their VIN (SALLDHMF82A... ), 16L... engine seems OK.

Truck's panels and enterior are battered to hell, but I wonder if some parts could be reused on my 1992 110 200tdi SW:

- Rear axle with disc brakes to replace my rear axle with drum brakes

- Speedo with digital odometer to replace my classic missing one

- Power steering components (pump, reservoir, box) to replace my classic one

- Windshield frame to replace my broken one

Please let me know if any of the mentioned replacements is not possible, or hide complicated, or expensive parts or labour.

Anything else I could use to upgrade my current truck?

For the moment I havent decided to bid yet, first I want to calcullate if its valuable to me at all. Minimum price set from the company is 1100 eur, VAT excluded.

Regards, Ivan

Sell them on! for that year they must have been quite special builds of old stock 300tdi's, if they are all original...

Brake servo should be the newer "common" type, be a nice upgrade.

Have they got the TD5 style centre console? - I like this and think its a great upgrade.

All sorts of little bits but they allude me just now...

Sell them on! for that year they must have been quite special builds of old stock 300tdi's, if they are all original...

Brake servo should be the newer "common" type, be a nice upgrade.

Have they got the TD5 style centre console? - I like this and think its a great upgrade.

All sorts of little bits but they allude me just now...

Do you mean centre console as a big chunk that contains radio/casette player and buttons? If positive, they contain it.

Noticed that instrument cluster does not contain signal lamps. Were they're located now?

They will be rest-of-world spec vehicles. In other words vehicles made after the introduction of the Td5 but sold in other parts of the world that didn't have the same emissions restrictions and so fitted with 300Tdi engines. These had the later interior etc. as per the Td5s.

As above, best option would be to remove the damaged bodywork from the 2002 vehicle, and rebuild it using the best bits from that and your 1992 model. Brake servo will likely be the same on both vehicles as they are both post-rationalisation (1991). The second option would be to take the bits you want off it and put them on your 1992 vehicle. Axle will fit without too much messing around. For the speedo it would be easier to take the whole bulkhead/dashboard and swap that over. Power steering may be more involved as the different engines have different pumps/brackets etc. Windscreen frame will swap over.

Warning lights are below the gauges in the same place, they are just behind a smoked "screen" so only visible when lit with LEDs.

I would have them in a shot. They're worth money, a lot more than 1100 EUR, even with damaged panels!

Thanks guys for great support!

Therte are more than one reason why I don't consider using this vehichle instead of my '92:

First, I don't know if engine and/or gearboxes are solid, or broken/seized. For some reason those wehicles were removed from regular service. They are w/o battery/keys, therefore cannot be tested.

Second, this vehicle is 10 years younger, that means a lot more money for taxes in Serbia.